How We Do Business With You
Customers with NON-FERROUS METALS such as aluminum, brass, copper, stainless, etc. must first go to the Public Dock before going into the Steel Yard. Customers are NOT ALLOWED in CASS’s main yard with GARBAGE, OIL, WOOD, or LOOSE TIRES. This policy allows us to process your recyclable material efficiently, make prompt payments, and provide customers with excellent service.
We DO NOT accept refrigerators unless the freon has been properly disposed of and the compressor (sealed unit) has been removed prior to arriving to CASS. Please sell the compressor at the Public Dock before selling the refrigerator in the Steel Yard.
California State Law mandates that a scrap metal processor can only purchase a vehicle as scrap by adhering to one of the following:
1. The seller must have a JUNK SLIP from the DMV in the seller’s name along with a VALID ID at the time of sale.
2. The seller must be a licensed auto dismantler and must also provide a VALID copy of their AUTO DISMANTLER LICENSE for CASS to keep on file at the time of sale or beforehand.
Please Note: A Pink Slip, Registration, Title, Transfer Slip from a wrecking yard, or Proof of Purchase from an auction are not acceptable!
All Cylinders, Propane tanks, Fire Extinguishers, etc. need to have a minimum 3” visible hole or the valve must be removed. Cylinders MUST BE KEPT SEGREGATED & SOLD SEPARATELY FROM ALL SCRAP. If any cylinders are discovered mixed into the load regardless of being open or closed, a $150.00 per cylinder fee will be deducted from your payment.
This will represent your one and only warning.If cylinders are found in a load for the second time, you will be PERMANENTLY BANNED from selling material at CASS. The purpose of this policy is to avoid serious bodily injury or death to CASS Team Members and legal exposure to any supplier of the cylinder(s).
In an effort to protect the environment & offset the expense to responsibly recycle tires, the rate schedule for tire disposal is as follows (effective Monday, 02.01.21):
Small Tires = Car Tires
Small Tire: $6.00
Small Tire (On the Vehicle): $10.00
Medium Tire = Light Truck Tires, Pickup Trucks
Medium Tire: $10.00
Medium Tire (On the Vehicle): $15.00
Large Tires = Semi-Truck Tires
Large Tire: $20.00
Large Tire (On the Vehicle): $30.00
CASS Metal Acceptance Policy
CASS is committed to responsible recycling. It is critical that you have a clear understanding of which materials are acceptable and those which are not to ensure proper environmental stewardship. We reserve the right to reject any load at your cost if this policy is not followed.
For environmental and safety reasons, CASS will not accept the following materials:
- Aerosol paint cans and / or aerosol containers.
- Asbestos or asbestos-containing materials of any kind such as pipe insulation.
- Automobile air bags containing sodium azide
- Closed containers or compressed gas cylinders without minimum 3” hole.
- Combustible or explosive materials or materials with explosive residue.
- Fine metal powder.
- Household and EV batteries of any kind (alkaline, lithium ion, nickel cadmium, nickel metalhydride, EV, etc). CASS only accepts lead-acid batteries.
- Material containing PCB’s (eg. PCB capacitors, PCB ballasts and electrical PCB transformers)
- Mercury Switches
- Motor blocks with un-punctured oil pans.
- Oil filters, gasoline, diesel, propane, antifreeze or other petroleum containers.
- Radioactive materials or containers.
- Refrigerators, freezers, or AC units still containing refrigerant (R12, R22, R410A, R134, etc).
- Registered vehicles by the DMV must have a junk slip issued by the DMV and all fluids drained and batteries removed.
- Tanks, drums, vessels or condensers that are not empty & clean of hazardous substances.
- Unauthorized or live munitions or military munitions scrap.
Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this policy. Thank you for assistance in helping CASS facilitate responsible recycling.